Friday, July 30, 2010

Did you miss me?

I forgot to mention I went on a 3-week trip during the month of July. It was great!

- I flew to Tulsa, OK

- Drove to Mt. Vernon, MO

- Gambled in Oklahoma

- Took an RV to Wichita Falls, TX (and stayed the night on the couch of said RV)
- Continued the RV trek to Austin, TX

-Spent a few days in North Austin at my aunt's house (which is in the neighborhood that Dazed and Confused filmed it's popular car chase scene)

- Attended a cookout at my uncle's cattle ranch outside Austin and got to 4-wheel on their HUGE amount of land at sunset

--> Saw lots of cows:


- Drove to Lake LBJ to the famed G family reunion for nearly a week

... This family reunion is no joke. My dad has 10 brothers and sisters, of which he is the oldest. I have close to 50 cousins on just his side of the family. No joke!

- Drove back to Austin to stay at another aunt's house and floated in Lake Travis for a majority of the day. Very nice!

- Flew to Atlanta, GA

- Worked my first trade show. Stayed in a great hotel in the middle of Downtown ATL with an awesome view.
- I was officially greeted to "Hot-Lanta" by a man on the street on the last day of my stay.. and man, was it hot that day.
- Flew to Raleigh, NC and spent a little time with my folks.

- Drove back home to Greenville

- Went back to work at 7:30 AM the next day.



Phew! Exhausting, huh? It's good to be back. It took me a solid week to recover.


0 comments: