Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I quit!!

As most of you know, I've been pretty slow for the past few weeks on updating the blog and listing new items.. Well, this semester is kicking my butt and I've got to get a job to keep paying for groceries (Etsy just isn't cutting it anymore!) It's really hard to keep up with everything that I'm doing with my e-business along with being a full time student (with lots of extracurriculars), full time girlfriend, and keeping up with all the other stuff I'm doing (like volunteering at the Humane Society!). Plus, I'll be graduating next spring and better get out there in the job market while I've still got that college edge!

So I've decided I'll take my sanity first and quit the biz. No more blogging responsibilities, no more etsy shop, not more CRATES UPON CRATES of record bowls/albums/records that I'm just never going to sell. Half my room is filled with crap craft supplies that I'll never use that just takes up space. I'm tired of having so many extra responsibilities! I'm always so stressed out and realized lately that I'm living on my computer all day and night. It's a sick obsession!

So all those record bowls, mail organizers, and other stuff that I've made? Well, this is what I've been doing today. They've met their maker with a hot pink hammer.

The rest of them will be used as practice targets for my shooting range friends or placed around campus as decorative sculptures or something. Or maybe now my frisbee friends have an endless supply of stuff to throw since they lose their frisbees all the time in the trees!

Oh well. Moving all of my stuff this week. Wonder if vinyl recycles?



Anywho, I hope you all have a nice April Fool's - I mean April 1st --- I MEAN SPRING!! :O)

6 comments:

Thinkoutsidethebox2008 said...

OK..so are you just pulling a prank here? Ha-ha funny April Fool's joke? Of course you are kidding..because the tip off for me was you wondering if vinyl recycles..you know for sure that is a big fat NO...and it is obvious that even with all of the stresses that you can keep it together..I mean seriously kid..you are blogging about not blogging anymore..so I'd have to say that even your 'quitting' appears organized..so tell the truth..this is NOT real!

jena ardell said...

HAHAHA, good one!!

Alejandra said...

God! I freaked for a second, and the next I started rearreanging my pretty messed up priorities and then I finally read the last line... :-p

You got me...
I can´t believe you did! :-p I had decided that I wasn´t going to be fooled by anything that showed up in my feed reader... :-p
Nice....mmmmm.... spring to you too...

jeweledrabbit said...

Haha. You really had me going there. LOL

janil said...

Oh... you afraid me!!!! Is it a tradition kidding in April????? Yesterday I visited another blog and she also was kidding... I'm Spanish and I thing I was loosing something...

I'm happy it is a joke!!!! I love your work!

Lauren said...

I'm happy it's a joke too. Your work is amazing!