Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mid-Week Feature #3

Today's Mid-Week Feature is Seann Vicente from Boulder, Colorado. What a beautiful city - I've visited a few times! (I've got a brother in that neck of the woods!) Plus, she graduated from UNC; just a short drive from where I attend school.. Small world!
Seann is the amazing artist over at StudioSRV.


Her etsy shop is full of spectacular pop art pieces, featuring your own pets and little loves in your life! As a shopper, you've got the option of getting custom pieces done or you can choose from some animal prints that are already waiting to be 'adopted'!


Here's what she had to tell us today!

What is your craft?
Pet portraits! I also do other paintings than just pets...but that is what I am focusing on right now.

How long have you been crafting?
Since before I can remember. Didn't start painting until college though , but I never took a single art class. I just loved to paint and blow steam from my stressful pre med curriculum in college!

Other than crafting, what else do you do?
I am a science geek :)

What is your favorite part of what you create?
Looking at all the cute pictures of doggies! I also really love helping people who have lost pets, they always appreciate what I create for them, and I like to know it helps them remember their lost pets.

If you could change anything about your craft, would you?
hmm...well I like to paint BIG so if I could have bigger and bigger canvases I would! Maybe go back to doing mural work...

Any words of advice for your fellow crafters or those who may be starting up?
Just stick with it, even if you aren't selling. Do what you love and fake it till you make it!


Great advice! I didn't make a sale for a month once I came to etsy, and look where I am now - 2 years later, and I just hit 100 sales this weekend! :O)

Here's where you can check out Seann on the web!
www.StudioSRV.etsy.com
www.StudioSRV.com
Flickr
Facebook

As a reward for reading, Seann would like to extend a 10% off discount to you all for one week, starting today! Please include VRMW10 in "Notes to Seller" at checkout to receive this discount. Offer expires 2/10/09 at 11:59pm EST

She's also got another promo going on through the end of the month for Buy One, Get One 1/2 off pet portraits. Convo her for details on sizes and prices! :O)


0 comments: