Friday, January 16, 2009

To the rescue

It's the little things in life, really. They make me so happy.

I'm sick again.. just got healthy on sunday from being sick for a week, and now I've got something different! Came home from a verrry late pep band practice last night and grabbed a huge mug and made this tea. It's my favorite. Always cheers me up!


I didn't used to like tea until I went to Colorado this summer (for the second time) when my Mom, brother, sister, and I toured the Celestial Seasonings factory in Boulder. They gave us tea packets as our tickets for the tour, and had a full tea bar with every tea they make.. And they'll make a full cup for you (or as many as you'd like, to your heart's content)! And the best part about it all? Everything is free. Tour, tea for there, and tea for home.
There's even a huge gift shop and a restaurant there for you to enjoy. I did manage to spend a bit of money in their gift shop though, so they definitely got their money back.. haha!

Anywho, I discovered their Mandarin Orchard Green Tea (decaffienated) while I was there. Amazing! It's so yummy, and tastes great with a bit of sugar, or if you're feeling extra special, get a little honey in there. It's also great warm or iced, but I like it better warm.


Yeah, this is a HUGE mug. Doesn't have anything saying how much it holds, but my wild guess is something like 32 oz. Way cute mug, right? The continents are made of fingerprints. :O)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll have to look for that flavor next time I'm at the store- it sounds yummy!