Thursday, January 22, 2009

Check out this snow!

Well you know that snow storm in the southeast on Tuesday? It hit us! :O)
Hooray!
We haven't seen snow here in Greenville for a long time (haven't had it all season), but it snowed all day long on Tuesday, before the sun even rose. Needless to say, classes were cancelled for the past two days. Yahoo!

Here are just a few of the pictures I took from the snow on Tuesday.. Wasn't much fun out yesterday because it's all melting and there's rivers and ponds all over the place. Haha!

Went out in the snow in my pajama shorts and boots.. ha! My roommates told me I was crazy.. but it wasn't that cold out! (Until the wind started blowing!)

Then it snowed a LOT more, and we all went out to play football, take pictures, and have snowball fights.


Just about 4 inches on the ruler at that point! Snowed a little bit more after dark, but that ended up being just enough snow for us. :O)
My roommates and I (all 5 of us!) played Phase 10 most of the afternoon to stay out of the snow and ended up having a lot of fun! We made a beer run (literal: trudge) for the sheer adventure of walking around in the snow, and really enjoyed ourselves. It was a really great break!

I'll be glad to get back to classes tomorrow, though. Crazy that we had a 5-day weekend with MLK Jr. Day and the two snow days! I've only got 2 days of classes left and it's back to the weekend. Haha!

6 comments:

BackwoodSophisticate said...

Such a cute picture of you in the snow! All we got was a dusting here in Virginia. Sounds like you guys made the best of the snow.

Michelle said...

Great pictures... so much fun :):)

Lindsey said...

I hope you put some pants on before going back out to play football...

KrazyFashion said...

oh wow that wind is a killer once it hits you LOL
I wish I could play in the snow! :p

You have been tagged to play the meme game!
The meme game is where you post 8 random facts about you.
Check out my blog to see my post. :D

TiLT said...

You call that snow! Bwaahahahah...but I suppose our foot of snow is nothing to someone in, say, Vermont.
Always fun to get out & enjoy is...unless it's like -20...then just stay inside & hope you already made that beer run :)

Unknown said...

You look too cute in the shorts and boots!! Just hoping you replaced the shorts with jeans!!! =]

OHHH girl, if you EVER want snow, come to Ohio and I will more than gladly give it to you!! OH, Ohio windchills are included!!! ((been averaging around 0 or less lately! lol))