Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Roller Derby

I decided a couple years ago that I wanted to join a roller derby (when I was of age and when I had the time). Well I'm 22 and I'm a college grad.. and still finding employment! Getting back on some wheels and exercising sounds like a wonderful activity to do in my downtime, right?!

So I've been searching around for a derby league in the area.. and of course some roller skates. Has anyone been a part of a roller derby team, and is it as scary as my boyfriend thinks it is? He said he doesn't want me coming back from practices/bouts with black eyes and bruises.. (aww.. thoughtful!) but I reassured him that I won't necessarily get knocked around like that.. right?

I mean, I'm not the biggest girl, so I'm assuming I could get rolled pretty easily. Unless I have good ducking and maneuvering reflexes.

However, I haven't really roller-skated since I was 13 and went to the roller skating rink every friday night with my girlfriends..


Didn't you hate it when your mom called your friends "girlfriends" when you were younger? I don't understand why I got my panties in such a wad about it.. It's not that big of a deal. I used to giggle when she said she was going out to lunch with her girlfriends, thinking "How many girlfriends do you have, mom?!" Oh.. immature mind.


1 comments:

Little Gray Pixel said...

LOL @ "girlfriends." I used to think the same thing, now I say it all the time.

Good luck on the roller derby. I'm sure I'd end up with all kinds of bruises and black eyes, but they'd probably all be self-inflicted because I'm a klutz.